EX-GURKHA KHUKURI HOUSE
Ex-Gurkha Khukuri House is the finest and largest Khukuri /kukri maker/Manufacturer/Retailer in Nepal.Please contact us for wholesale pricing.
Dealing in The Genuine Kukri directly from the Home Land Of The Gurkhas .
British Gurkha Service No.1 Kukri
Current Issue to The British Gurkhas during Service!
It is beeter to die than to be a coward……………Gurkha proverb!!
About British Gurkha Service No.1 Kukri :-
This Service No.1 khukuri (kukri) is most common and popular khukuri amongst the Gurkha soldiers. This khukuri (kukri) is provided to all the British Gurkha soldiers during enlistment and is retained by them throughout their army career. Inspected regularly by an officer, this khukuri (kukri) is usually used during Parade and Duty. This Service No.1 khukuri (kukri) has Recruiting Years and Country's name engrave on the left side of the blade. This engraving on the blade started because in the olden days the Gurkha Soldier used to forget their enlistment year due to too many wars. All Khukuris have two pockets on the back of the scabbard which hold a blunt steel called "chakmak" for sharpening the blade or for striking spark from flint and a little knife known as "karda" used for skinning small animals such as rabbits. The notch (kaura or kaudi) in the blade near the hilt of most khukuris serves as conduit for the blood on the blade to drip out, thus preventing it from soiling the hilt, as well as a device for catching and neutralizing and enemy blade.
Where this Kukri is Made?
The origin of the Kukri is in Nepal. Dharan is a small Gurkha town that is located in eastern Nepal. Dharan is very famous and important place for Gurkha recruiting. We have a own factory in Dharan,there are over than 200 black smith(metal smith,kamis). And all the Kukri they made by hand.
Specification of British Gurkha Service No.1 Kukri :
This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement
* Blade Size and Type : 10.5 inch (26 cm), Hand Forged Polished Blade..
* Handle : 5.5 inch (14cm) tail tang water buffalo Handle.
* Material Used : Highly Graded Carbon Steel 5160, water Buffalo Leather for Scabbard(outside) and water buffalo horn for the Handle, Pinewood for the Scabbard (inside), Brass and "Laha" ( Nepali Traditional Glue) .
* Weight : 700gms (25 Oz Approx) only khukuri blade weight.
* Overall length : 16 inches from tip to pommel (Aprox).
* Place Of Origin : EGKH Factory in Dharan (East Nepal)
* Steel Hardness : spine=22-25 RC, belly=45-46 RC, edge=58-60 RC
* Scabbard : Cotton Covered in buffalo leather. The scabbard has dubble frogs which are leather loops used to attach to the belt.
* Karda & Chakmak : These are small knives come with Kukri. Karda is small knife used of skinning animal hairs. And Chakmak is used of sharpening the Kukri blade in its blunt. When you bid or buy this In order you will also get these two unique knives.
* Wooden Stand : The wooden display stand shown is made of Rosewood and very smoothy finishing. If you wish to get wooden display stand, its cost you additional $ 8.00 and will ship in a single shipment with Kukri with NO additional
* Please note: Please contact us before your payment so that you can make one single payment for a kukri & wooden display stand.
* For Foldable wooden Display Stand $8 additional charge.
please, before leaving negative feedback, contact us and allows us to try to correct the problem. If you have any query please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Strictly for Over 18’s Only
We may request the copy of ID to verify your age before we ship the item
EGKH since 1999 in Nepal
Genuine Gurkha Kukri Knives From Homeland Of Gurkha In Nepal
Buy with Confident, the Quality & Authenticity are 100% Guaranteed