Beauty & Fragrances
Books & Magazines
Business & Industrial
Cameras & Photo
Cell Phones, PDAs & Accessories
Clothing & Shoes
Computers & Networking
Flowers & Gifts
Glass & Pottery
Health & Personal Care
Home & Garden
Jewelry & Watches
Movies & DVDs
Sports & Outdoors
Tools & Hardware
Toys, Games & Hobbies
Books & Magazines
Add to Cart
More than 10 available
1. The feature of social institutions that means mechanisms are in place to determine
responsibility for an action is called:
b. the judicial system.
c. the courts of appeal.
d. due process.
2. According to the ________, you should take the action that produces the least harm.
a. Categorical Imperative
b. Golden Rule
c. Utilitarian Principle
d. Risk Aversion Principle
3. A(n) ________ model of informed consent permits the collection of personal information until
the consumer specifically requests that the data not be collected.
4. The Online Privacy Alliance:
a. has established technical guidelines for ensuring privacy.
b. is a government agency regulating the use of customer information.
c. protects user privacy during interactions with Web sites.
d. encourages self-regulation to develop a set of privacy guidelines for its members.
5. Intellectual property can best be described as:
a. tangible or intangible property created from a unique idea.
b. unique creative work or ideas.
c. intangible property created by individuals or corporations.
d. the expression of an intangible idea.
6. One of the difficulties of patent protection is:
a. that only the underlying ideas are protected.
b. digital media cannot be patented.
c. the years of waiting to receive it.
d. preventing the ideas from falling into public domain.
7. In general, it is very difficult to hold software producers liable for their software products when those products are considered to be:
b. artistic expressions.
c. part of a machine.
d. similar to books.
8. Two of the three principal sources of poor system performance are:
a. hardware or facility failures and malware.
b. hardware or facility failures and poor input data quality.
c. poor input data quality and insufficient integration with legacy systems.
d. software bugs and errors and outdated standards.
9. ________ can be induced by tens of thousands of repetitions under low-impact loads.
10. In a multi-tiered network:
a. processing is handled by multiple, geographically remote clients.
b. processing is split between clients and servers.
c. the work of the entire network is centralized.
d. the work of the entire network is balanced over several levels of servers.
11. Software that manages the resources of the computer is called:
a. application software.
b. data management software.
c. operating system software.
d. network software.
12. An industry-wide effort to develop systems that can configure, optimize, tune, and heal
themselves when broken, and protect themselves from outside intruders and self-destruction
a. autonomic computing.
b. utility computing.
d. grid computing.
13. Sets of loosely coupled software components that exchange information with each other using
standard Web communication standards and languages are referred to as:
b. Web services.
d. EAI software.
14. ________ are created by combining and customizing components from different online
b. Web services
15. Hardware and software acquisition costs account for about ________ percent of TCO.
16. The confusion created by ________ makes it difficult for companies to create customer
relationship management, supply chain management, or enterprise systems that integrate
data from different sources.
a. data redundancy
b. online processing
c. batch processing
d. data independence
17. In a relational database, the three basic operations used to develop useful sets of data are:
a. select, project, and where.
b. select, from, and join.
c. select, project, and join.
d. select, join, and where.
18. The select operation:
a. creates a subset consisting of all records in the file that meet stated criteria.
b. combines relational tables to provide the user with more information than is
c. identifies the table from which the columns will be selected.
d. creates a subset consisting of columns in a table.
19. The join operation:
a. combines relational tables to provide the user with more information than is
b. organizes elements into segments.
c. creates a subset consisting of columns in a table.
d. identifies the table from which the columns will be selected.
20. The process of streamlining data to minimize redundancy and awkward many-to-many
relationships is called:
a. data cleansing.
b. data scrubbing.
d. data defining.
21. The special organizational function whose responsibilities include the technical and
operational aspects of managing data, including physical database design and maintenance,
a. data auditing.
b. data administration.
c. information policy administration.
d. database administration.
22. A VPN:
a. is an Internet-based service for delivering voice communications.
b. is an encrypted private network configured within a public network.
c. is more expensive than a dedicated network.
d. provides secure, encrypted communications using Telnet.
23. What technology allows people to have content pulled from Web sites and fed automatically
to their computers?
24. Which of the following statements is true?
a. CDMA’s strength is in its international roaming capabilities.
b. GSM is the primary U.S. digital cellular standard.
c. GSM was developed by the military during World War II.
d. CDMA randomly assigns users to a range of frequencies over time.
25. Which of the following would you be most likely to use RFID technology for?
a. Lowering network costs
b. Enabling CRM systems
c. Enabling client communication
d. Tracking inventory
Answer will be sent by email.
... [Full Description]
Other Products from
A03 Online Exam 3_03 Score 85% (Incorrect answers marked)
HW-166 Accounting MCQ
BM410 Assignment 8
HW-996 Final Test (Question 15-40)
EN130 Online Exam 6_10 SCORE 100 PERCENT
HW-910 Accounting 4 questions and discussion question
FIN 3030 Week-5 Assignment-3
HW-106-MNQ New Project
Title of Image
96.45%, 3033 sales
Credit Cards accepted via:
Terms and Policy
free online store
20 Nov 2017 09:53:51 PST