*****BECAUSE I DON'T MANAGE TO CORRECTLY SET THE SHIPPING CALCULATOR, PLEASE DO NOT PAY UNTIL I SEND YOU AN INVOICE WITH THE CORRECT SHIPPING COST.
THEREFORE, PLEASE E-MAIL ME WITH YOUR ZIP CODE (OR COUNTRY IF INTERNATIONAL) REQUESTING THE CORRECT SH&H FOR THE ITEM/S. DO SO BEFORE PURCHASING THE ITEM/S.
ITEMS WITH UNDERPAID OR OVERPAID SH&H COSTS WILL NOT BE SHIPPED UNLESS ADJUSTED ACCORDINGLY. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.******
NURSING CARE for INFANTS and CHILDREN
By Lucille F. Whaley , R.N., M.S. & Donna L. Wong, R.N., M.N., P.N.P.
Hard Cover and Pages In Very Good Condition overall, with no Dust Jacket
The C. V. Mosby Company Publishers
1736 pages in all * 746 Illustrations
Year 1979 * 1st Edition
Oversized and Very Heavy Book in Pediatric Nursing, Large Hardback Textbook on Nursing Care of Infants and Children.
Lot of information and charts.
* UNIT ONE: Children, their Families, and the Nurse
1. Perspectives of Pediatric Nursing - 2. The Interpersonal Environment of the Child - 3. The Child: the Wonder of Unfolding
* UNIT TWO: Assessment of Child and Family
4. History Taking of the Child and Family - 5. Physical Assessment of the Child/The “Systems” Approach with Children
* UNIT THREE: The Unborn Child
6. Hereditary Influences - 7. Fetal Development and Prenatal Influences
* UNIT FOUR: The Neonate
8. The Normal Neonate - 9. Health Problems of the Neonate - 10. The High-Risk Neonate - 11. Conditions Caused by Defects in Physical Development
* UNIT FIVE: Infancy
12. The First Year: Laying the Foundation - 13. Health Problems During the First Year
* UNIT SIX: Early Childhood
14. The Toddler Years - 15. The Preschool Years - 16. Health Problems of Early Childhood
* UNIT SEVEN: Middle Childhood
17. The School-Age Years - 18. Health Problems of Middle Childhood
* UNIT EIGHT: Later Childhood
19. The Adolescent Years - 20. Health Problems of Adolescence - 21. Problems of Psychologic Adjustment to Adolescence
* UNIT NINE: The Child with Developmental Problems
22. The Handicapped Child - 23. The Child with Mental Retardation - 24. The Child with a Sensory or Communication Disorder
* UNIT TEN: The Hospitalized Child
25. The Child’s Reaction to Illness and Hospitalization - 26. Pediatric Variations of Nursing Intervention
* UNIT ELEVEN: The Child with a Terminal Illness
27. The Child Who is Potentially Terminally Ill - 28. The Child with a Life-threatening Disorder
* UNIT TWELVE: The Child with a Disturbance of Fluid and Electrolytes
29. Balance and Imbalance of Body Fluids - 30. Conditions That Produce Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalance - 31. The Child with a Disturbance of Renal Function
* UNIT THIRTEEN: The Child with Problems Related to the Transfer of Oxygen and Nutrients
32. The Child with a Disturbance of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Exchange - 33. Conditions with Disturbed Respiratory Function - 34. The Child with a Gastrointestinal Disorder
* UNIT FOURTEEN: The Child with Problems Related to Production and Circulation of Blood
35. The Child with Heart Disease - 36. The Child with a Problem Related to the Formed Elements of the Blood
* UNIT FIFTEEN: The Child with a Disturbance of Regulatory Mechanisms
37. The Child with a Disturbance of Cerebral Function - 38. The Child with an Endocrine Dysfunction
* UNIT SIXTEEN: The Child with a Problem That Interferes with Locomotion
39. The Child with a Disorder of Neuromuscular, Musculoskeletal, or Articular Function - 40. The Child Immobilized with a Traumatic Injury
* APPENDIXES: Normal pulse, respiration, and blood pressure readings for children
Tables of normal laboratory values, conversion tables, recommended daily dietary allowances, growth measurements, developmental assessment, the Washington Guide to Promoting Development in the Young Child, United Nations Declaration of the Rights of the Child.
An Excellent Textbook and Reference Book!* * * * * * * * * *Used Book but seems as though has never been read or used, just handling that produced the Cover to have some minor wear, mainly by corners of upper edge of spine and a mark on cover (nothing dramatic, see pics!). Besides that, the book is solid, with all of the pages clean and crisp. Has the previous owner’s handwritten name, address and phone # on top corner of inside cover, and 1st page that has been accidentally folded at some point -now straighten out and fold marks remain. I have not found any other markings in the book so far.
The paper is still clean and bright with no yellowing. Pages with no markings, no writing, no underlining, no highlighting, no discoloration, no missing, loose or torn pages, no creases and no stickers.
Spine and binding is sound and tight.