Natural .40 CT Ethiopian Welo Fire Opal throwing Green and Blue fire. Accented by 2 (.05 CT Each ) Natural Earth Mined White Diamonds. Set in .925 Sterling Silver. Ring is size 7
While Ethiopia is one of the oldest inhabited areas on earth and anthropological reports show evidence of opal tools dating back to 4000 BC. Despite a long history modern mining for Ethiopian opals is a fairly recent development. Ethiopian hydrophane opals were discovered in the Welo region of Ethiopia in 2008.
• Ranks 6 to 6.5 on Mohs hardness scale.
• Colors present dark brown or black with iridescent rainbow flecks.
• Sourced from the Welo region of Ethiopia.
• Member of the precious opal family.
• Birthstone for October.
• Traditional gift for 18th and 34th anniversaries.