Speak Up Magazine No. 12 and accompanying 60 minute cassette tape both dated March 1988. Includes 2-page supplement copy of Washington Post* Extra Special Commemorative Edition dated from Friday, November 22, 1963, with headline "President Kennedy Shot Dead By Assassin in Dallas Parade". Magazine is 42 pages. Contents of this issue are as follows:
- Candice Copeland and Douglas Brooks (Interview)
- Frank Sinatra, Jr. (Interview)
- Hurry up, please, it's time (money management)
- Under the New York streets (subway)
- The Kennedy assassination and the Washington Post*
- Independent's day (Independent record labels)
- There'll always be an England
- Recommended reading
- All Little Colored Children Should Learn to Play the Harmonica by Ann Patchett
- The Speak Up writing contest winners; Letters; Events; Tio Procopio (comic strip)
Speak Up was a magazine in English for Brazilians: you could read it and listen to it at the same time. It was comparable to the best English-language magazines published around the world, with the additional advantage that the main articles, marked with a special symbol, were also recorded on the cassette which accompanied each issue. (Code 21-4)
Both magazine and tape are in very good condition. Magazine has a few minor handling bends; minor cover scratches and indentations; mild discoloration of the paper. Tape plays well. Newspaper supplement has frayed top edge and yellowing of the paper (darker around the edges and on the folds).
Buyer pays $10.79 small packet airmail shipping to the United States. Canada pays between $8.98 and $14.92 for regular parcel service depending on whether you live on the west coast or the east coast. The rest of the world pays $25.00 maximum for small packet international airmail or $15.00 maximum for small packet international surface mail. If you live in Canada or overseas, please contact me for exact shipping rates to your postal code or country before placing your bid. Any shipping overpayment is immediately refunded. Item is promptly shipped on receipt of payment. PayPal is the only payment method available.