Potassium is a very important mineral that is necessary for muscle contraction, production of energy, proper heart function and normal blood pressure.
* Necessary for muscle contraction, production of energy, proper kidney function and normal blood pressure.
* May help support osteoporosis, high blood pressure and other ailments.
* Good for highly active people.
* Lacking in diets due to modern food processing and added salt.
* Each 1-tablet serving contains 99 mg of potassium as amino acid complex.
History and Usage:
Potassium is a vital element for proper body function. As the most abundant mineral in the body, potassium is the key to proper kidney function as well as central in cardiac, skeletal and smooth muscle contraction. A deficiency in potassium is called hypokalemia and may result in serious conditions including arthritis, heart disease and high blood pressure.
Modern processing of food combined with increased levels of salt has resulted in wide spread lack of potassium in our diets. Many people may benefit from potassium supplements including women taking oral contraceptives, smokers, athletes, vegetarians and those whose jobs involve a high degree of physical exertion. Potassium has potential use in a variety of settings.
Its most important use is treating hypokalemia which manifests itself in weakness, low energy, muscle cramps, irregular heartbeat and abnormal EKG. Other applications for potassium may include treatment for osteoporosis, high blood pressure, stroke, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and asthma.