WE DO NOT SHIP PLANT OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA
You are buying 10 seeds, which have been collected fresh from my own Dichondra Emerald Falls’ plants. Each tiny flower produces between 1 to 3 seeds only!
'Emerald Falls' Dichondra is a wonderful trailing perennial plant that forms a mass of Emerald green leaves on stems, spilling over the edges of hanging baskets, containers and walls.
It prefers sun but will grow (less vigorously) in part shade. The trailing stems branch well without pinching. Emerald Falls dichondra is great alone or in mixed containers. Try it in hanging baskets, tall containers, window boxes or in the garden. It is heat and drought tolerant and will recover quickly if watered after wilting. Emerald Falls will cascade down for up to 1m in ideal conditions and brings an extremely fine and delicate texture to the garden composition and should be used to full effect. Sow in Spring, Summer and Autumn. In warmer areas or controlled climates (eg greenhouse) the seeds may be sown in late Winter. This is a relatively low maintenance plant, and can be pruned at anytime.
- Sow seed in a seed raising mix in a tray
- sow near (less than 5mm) or on the surface and tap down lightly to ensure good contact with the soil.
- Water and then keep moist until seed germinates, usually within 2 weeks.
- Transplant or 'pot up' after plants reach a reasonable size.
- Standard potting mix and enrich with compost (Eg mushroom compost) works well
- Plants are a little slow at first so be patient, the long trailing Emerald foliage of Dichondra 'Emerald falls' is well worth the wait.
Care is minimal, prune back in spring to keep in shape, ensure a well drained position and fertilise with a general purpose slow release fertiliser in spring. A little extra water in summer in dry periods as needed, but do not over water.